30 December 2007

Stories, New and Old

Wow, this has been a busy week. Unsurprising, I suppose, being Christmas and all...

However, after a relatively unproductive month writing-wise, I have - if not remounted - at least placed my foot back in the writing stirrup.

In the last three days I've managed 3700 words, which admittedly is not brilliant, but it much more brilliant than the 2418 words I had until then for the month.

And I plan to do more tonight, and tomorrow. I probably won't finish TBAEO, despite only have eight scenes left to go - the heat here this week is atrocious, and my brain feels like it's atrophying - but at least I am Making Progress. I'd like to think I'll finish it by the end of the week, but we'll see how that goes... And whether the heat goes.

And as well as working on TBAEO, a new story has sprung to life. Well, technically not new... It's based on a beginning snippet I wrote back in February, and has been somewhat inspired by Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale. It's a... well, I'm calling it urban gothic fantasy. So think supernatural powers, modern day setting, but lots of large creepy houses and mysterious personages as well. Fun. Working title, for now, is Long Beach... absolutely awful, but not likely to get confused with any of my other wips, so serviceable enough for now.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season, and is not too frantically rushed :) Happy New Year, and see you on the Other Side...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...