I've been meaning to do this for quite a while, but never mind. Thanks to everyone who's nominated me for blog awards. You're all very kind :) And thank you to those of you who read this blog; I would, quite literally, be nothing without you all.
The Superior Scribbler Award
From Danyelle over at Myth-takes. Thanks, Dany! :)
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy buds.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which will explain The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
So, who do I think are superior scribblers? Actually, I'm going to totally cheat and nominate the same people for all three awards. See the list at the bottom ;)
The Honest Scrap Award
Thanks to Yuna, over at Nayu's Corner. Apparently I'm to list 5 honest things about myself, and pass the award on to 5 other people.
1) I can't stand raw tomato. This is bizarre, because I love tomato sauce (ketchup) (probably too much), and I adore Italian food - but for some reason, I just cannot stand the taste of raw tomato.
2) Besides writing, I also enjoy playing the piano, drawing (charcoal is my fav medium), quilting/sewing (though I haven't had time to do this in quite a significantly looong time), cooking, and drama - the acting variety, that is. Reading, I hope, goes without saying ;)
3) My husband & I are registered Labrador breeders. We're planning for our first litter at the end of the year :)
4) I have 'sinus issues' which mean I have a perpetually blocked up nose. No idea why. Hope to find out in October.
5) And finally, my birthday is the 31st of December. Huzzah for fireworks every year! :D
The Kreativ Blogger Award
From Liana Brooks. Thanks, Liana! You're a wonderful writing twin - best a girl could ask for - and I do heartily adore your series of posts on editing - and the fact that you rekindled my love of science.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
1) I have a Masters degree called a Master of Studies. I didn't have to write a thesis to get it, and I studied entirely subjects that I'd never studied before in my life o.O
2) When I was little, my favourite animal was the elephant. Apparently I had to be dragged away from their compound at the zoo :)
3) I adore stuffed toys, and still have my two elephants (one grey, one white) from when I was tiny.
4) I've flown an aeroplane. My dad used to be a flying instructor :)
5) I've sky-dived. My husband and I got tickets as an engagement present. The morning of the dive I phoned my mum in a panic - not because of the dive, but because I had sudden second thoughts about my wedding dress :D
6) My favourite colours are anything in the spectrum from the middle of green to the middle of red (ie greens in the half towards blue, all blues, all purples, and reds in the half towards purple). I've never, ever been able to be more specific than that.
7) I'm a tactile/visual person. I have to touch, and anything with a funky texture, be it physical or coloured, can keep me entranced for hours. It never has, because sadly I've never had the time; but it can. :D
So, the 5 people I'm passing these awards on to are as follows. If your name is listed, feel free to consider yourself nominated for just one, or all of the awards above; pick and choose if you like :D
1) Michael Wulf, aka Wulfie, from his self-titled site
2) The team at Literary Lab
3) Danyelle Leafty from Carpe Mousa (Kreativ Blogger Award especially)
4) Dr Steve Shann of Birds Fly, Fish Swim (Superior Scribbler Award especially)
5) And Lisa Shearin, author of the Raine Benares series
All of these people write interesting, thought-provoking posts and share a lot of themselves with readers - and I personally value what they have to say.
I'll let them decide whether or not they actually want to put these awards up or not ;) (And I shan't be offended if they don't; as Liana Brooks once pointed out to me, too often, blog awards just don't match the decor.)
Which ponders me - what's your opinion on blog awards? I still can't decide if they're a good thing or a forward-like menace. Speak! Let me hear you!
Also, tune in on Monday for the second-to-last installment in the Jesscapades Editing series! :)