06 June 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo and Ridiculous Videos

I love NaNoWriMo. It's the reason I wrote my very first novel, and it was the highlight of my writing year - until I started work fulltime as a teacher. November is final exams and report-writing season here in Aus, so it's pretty near impossible to get ANY writing done in November, let alone the 50k of NaNo.

Imagine my delight, then, when I discovered on June 1 (last week) that there's now a CAMP NaNoWriMo! It's the same principle as regular NaNoWriMo, but it runs in both June and August. Huzzah! Naturally, I signed up right away - with my usual caveat, that I cheat slightly. I'm not starting a fresh project, and I'm working on two things to get my wordcount - Sanctuary edits, and L.A.O.S. I may or may not actually hit the 50k, but it would mean that both of those projects would be complete, so it would be nice... *dreaming* O:)

BUT! You can help me hit the 50k! How? By providing motivation! Naturally, you can feel free to cheer me on as much as you like, and that's tremendously awesome. But this year, Camp NaNoWriMo-ers can also be sponsored, and the money will go towards the Young Writers Program. I ran this program at school last year during November, and watching 30 or so high school students meet three lunchtimes a week to write and have word sprints and dash to meet their goals... And to see at least 3/4 of them actually ACHIEVE their goals... And to have at least 5 of them reach goals of 50k... And for all this to be in the month of their FINAL EXAMS... Wow. It was a pretty awesome thing to witness. So needless to say, I am a BIG FAN of the Young Writers Program.

So, if you'd like to drop a dollar in the bucket, head on over to my sponsorship page - where you can also find my first ridiculous video. If we make it to $20 of donations (let's keep it simple for now :D), I'll do another one. Note also that donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE - Office of Letters and Light is a registered not-for-profit.

Rah! *\o/*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...