08 March 2010

Quick Splash

Sooo, it's 9:30pm and still no blog post. Oops O:) On the other hand, I wrote over 3k yesterday, and over 4k today. So you know. You win some, you lose some.

Thus, quick and fun stuff today! Whee! Fun! Splash!

...Yes, my brain is broken due to massive word counts this weekend. Your point? :P

Fun bit #1: My short story With This Ring is out! You can find it at Tower of Light Fantasy Magazine, and you can also vote for it as the best in issue! (Please do; why yes, you're looking lovely today! Oh do, do have a cookie. Have another, here!) With This Ring is an Australian twist on classic selkie mythology, introducing a creature of my own creation: platykies. I think they're cute O:) Bwa ha.

Fun bit #2: We all know about NaNoWriMo, that month of insanity wherein writers around the world band together and try to write 50,000 words in the thirty days of November, but do we all know about NaNoEdMo, National Novel Editing Month? It's a fantastic endeavour, inspired by NaNoWriMo but unaffliated, and I encourage you to give it a shot if you haven't already! Are any of you out there participating in it?

Why do I mention all this? Because (and I feel extremely honoured about this) they asked yours truly to provide one of the pep talk letters for this month B-) If you're interested, you can find my article on Train Proof Suits and Why You Need One here :)

Fun bit #3: The final fun bit for the day is, I think, very exciting. I'm extremely excited to announce that my website is finally up and functional!! I'm still adding content (and will continue to do so for the rest of the foreseeable ever), but on the whole it's there, which is a Very Good Thing. You can find it either by following the link in the tabs at the top of the blog, or by heading straight to www.amylaurens.com :)

And if you do head over there, you'll notice there's a shiny little tab at the top called 'Free Stuff'. Under this are two sections: one where you can find all sorts of writerly resources, like outline sheets, spreadsheets for keeping track of your word count, and the first third of Holly Lisle's fantastic Create-a-Plot Clinic. In the other you're now able to download in pdf form some of my short stories!! Yay! Sea Foam and Blood is up presently, and Shoe will be coming soon.


Finally, if you weren't already aware, I have a LiveJournal which I use to update the specifics of my writing progress. It's sporadic and probably not sane, but hey, I have fun :o)

Wasn't that fun? A whole bunch MORE places where you can find me on the web. Just what you always wanted B-) I know, I know, I'm too kind.

But seriously, I had a tremendously productive (three-day) weekend. How was YOUR weekend?

3 comments:

Danyelle L. said...

Yay for productivity! And yay for your shorts and pep talk! Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Your amylaurens.com link doesn't work (you forgot http:// at the beginning of the link). The new site looks great!

Amy Laurens said...

Dany - thanks :o) I couldn't have done it without your cheering! :D

Wulf - all fixed, thanks! :) And I'm glad you like the site :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...