22 June 2011

It's All Okay In The End

I haven't blogged in a looooong time. I know. I'd like to apologise, except I'm not really sorLinkry; I've really enjoyed the break. And the main problem is that I feel like I've run of things to say. *shrug* It happens. All good.

But anyway, I just - like literally less than one minute ago - had a Moment. You know what I mean. One of those moments when you're reading along, and something connects with a problem you've been having, or a thought you'd been thinking, and then you look up, and something else connects, and lights come on in your brain.

Image from Stock Xchange

I read this sentence by Davin Malasarn over on Glam's blog:

I challenge you not to see those decisions as right or wrong, but as just another span in an ever-flowing path that is your writing career. It will ebb and flow but it will never freeze unless you let it.

That alone is wonderful enough. But just as I was considering this in relation to writing, which I have done practically none of since April holidays due to a severe lack of time and brain, an ad came up on TV. Superficially, it's unrelated - an ad about stopping at train tracks on the red signal, instead of running the red. It's a pretty good ad, actually, as warning-ads go - and it finished with this line, in big letters on the screen:

Some things are worth waiting for.

*bazaam*. Lights sparkling.

It might not mean much to you guys, but it means a lot to me. Writing is worth waiting for, and none of my decisions regarding it are wrong unless I let myself stagnate. I haven't been writing, but I'm not stagnant - ideas are firing in my head and I have at least two new stories I'm 'working' on, plus some old half-finished shorts I'm itching to play with.

I'm going slowly, but I'm not stagnant - so everything is okay.

And I like it when everything's okay :)

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

"Writing is worth waiting for, and none of my decisions regarding it are wrong unless I let myself stagnate."

That's so very, very true. We have to do what works for us, on our individual paths. I'm willing to bet that once you get through these few projects, you will be surprised at what they have taught you, and how much easier and more fun writing gets as you get more and more under your belt. Monarch was a huge deal for me because it got me to a point where writing was that much easier. It was a lot of work, and it still is, but it sure taught me some great lessons. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...