18 January 2012

I Has Moon Book!

Yup, as random as the title sounds.

So, I meant to post this back when it actually, y'know, HAPPENED, but it was literally Christmas, and then things have been crazy since then, and, well, here we are. But! I am SO EXCITED! I wish I had the brain power to think of an awesome way to announce this, but alack, tis not to be, so I shall just say:

I AM BEING IN A BOOK! A REAL, LIVE, PRINTED OUT ONE! SQUEE!!!

I told you this was news that warranted capital letters and exclamation marks :o) So, details:

Tyche Publishing, a new Canadian publisher, are releasing an anthology, Ride the Moon. Out of sheer luck and knowing the right people, I got a last minute opportunity to submit to the anthology - and I do mean last minute. I had 6 days to conceive of an idea, write it, edit it, and submit it. It was a terrifying but absolutely AWESOME experience, and I was SO stoked when the publishers accepted my story - and what makes it even better is that there are a whole bunch of writer friends in the anthology with me :) It was also exciting to discover that apparently, if one is Canadian, one would recognise some of the other contributors to the anthology as Well Known Authors. SQUEE. You can view the list of contributors here.


So, Ride the Moon will be out on February 29 and contains my short story Cherry Blossoms, about a man who is rescued from an immortality of loneliness by the girl-in-the-moon. One last time, with feeling:

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

SQUEEEEEE!!!!! is right! Congrats, my friend! It's a lovely story. :)

Amy Laurens said...

Thanks, Oh Glamorous One! :o) You're wonderful.

Patrick Marman said...

Like totally awesome. Wicked. Sorry, I'm re-reading, well, audio booking actually, Harry Potter. Much jumping up and down and cheering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...